To ensure optimal comfort and recovery after your surgery, please follow these simple post-operative instructions.
This treatment is performed to increase the height of bone available for your implants. It is imperative that you follow the instructions listed below carefully to maximize your healing and improve the long-term outcome of your dental implants.
- Do not blow your nose for at least 7 days, as the pressure will delay or damage your sinus healing. If you have to sneeze, do not hold it back — sneeze out. Open your mouth and try to minimize the pressure in your nasal or sinus passages.
- You may use nasal decongestants, such as over-the-counter Sudafed® tablets or Afrin® Nasal Spray, to keep your passages dry, especially if you have noticed continued drainage or feel the need to blow your nose.
- Take the antibiotics prescribed by your doctor until they are finished, even if you feel fine. They protect the surgical site from infection.
- Also, one or two servings of yogurt or an acidophilus probiotic tablet are recommended daily to reduce gastrointestinal complications.
- Do not drink through a straw. This creates suction which may damage a healing clot. You may drink out of a cup or bowl, or use a spoon.
- Do not smoke because smoking reduces the blood flow, contaminates the healing wound, and frequently leads to infections.
If you have any additional questions, please call our office. Our staff wants to help you in any way we can to make your post-operative recovery successful. Thank you.